Making Enlisted a Better Place №22
Each update of "Making Enlisted a Better Place" focuses on a certain aspect of the game or a particular mechanic in which we’ve fixed bugs or have added interesting features.
The improvements are mostly or even completely based on the feedback you have left in the special topics and discussions on our forums and social media platforms.
Upgrading your soldiers' abilities
Sooner or later each of you commanders gets to a point of choosing your soldiers' abilities. To make this process even more interesting as well as encouraging it in battles more often, we changed the balance of the existing abilities, added new cool ones, and made a few more tweaks to the mechanics.
Allow your unique abilities to tip the scales of victory in the right direction with a greater frequency.
From now on, the "Speed" parameter is called "mobility," a term we'll use as we continue our introduction to the changes.
- +20% tank gun reload speed (loader perk) — extremely useful bonus for tank guns of any caliber for 16 points of weapon handling.
- -100% speed loss after gear shift (mechanic-driver perk) — even a fully improved tank can gain speed faster if the mechanic-driver skillfully operates the gearbox for 3 mobility points.
- -60% damage from hard landing with an open parachute (pilot) — the parachutist does not always have time to slow down and this ability will help survive a harder landing. For 6 mobility points.
Don't forget that a tanker's ability will only work if they are in his proper place in the tank, for example, a tanker with the loader's ability in the loader's place, not the commander's.
- +100% soldier self extinguishing speed — even an open flame that flies over you won't be so scary for 1 mobility point.
- +25% flamethrower fuel cylinder capacity — a significant bonus to the ammunition of one of Enlisted deadliest weapons for 9 weapon handling points. For flametroopers only.
- +20% mortar ammunition — a few more powerful blasts where the enemy is not expecting them for 7 weapon handling points. For mortarmen only.
We also removed some infantry abilities that are of little use to tankers. At the same time, if you already had installed the removed abilities, they will remain with the soldier, until you decide to get rid of them anyway.
We "boosted" some of the abilities you may already know. If the soldier has them installed, the bonus will be applied automatically.
- “-50% effect of head-shaking caused by nearby explosions” now also reduces the duration of concussion by 25%.
- “+100% health regeneration out of combat” now not only allows you to fix HP in cover, but also speeds up the process itself by 50%.
- “+20% speed of vehicle repair” — bonus raised to 30%.
- “+20% speed of extinguishing the vehicle” — bonus raised to 30%.
- The interface has a hint if a soldier has an ability that increases the range of the grenade throwing.
Some of the abilities are now cheaper:
- “+20% weapon aim speed” — cost reduced from 12 to 10.
- “+40% engineer resources available for buildings” — cost reduced from 9 to 8.
We have improved the description of many abilities to make it easier to understand their bonus and we will continue to work on improving these mechanics further.
We appreciate your feedback!
Lots of exciting game mechanics have been realized or improved thanks to your ideas. We are watching our communities, other Enlisted sites and regularly check the forum for your feedback and reports.
So share, suggest, and report!