Making Enlisted a Better Place №6
Each update of "Making Enlisted a Better Place" focuses on a particular aspect of the game or a particular mechanic, where we fix bugs or add interesting features.
The realized improvements mostly or even completely are based on the feedback you leave in the special topics and discussions on the online communities.
The engine roar
The sounds of explosions and flying bullets are completely familiar to any battle hardened soldier. But there is one sound that is impossible to get used to - the roar of the enemy's tank engine.
The new episode of our series focuses on improving armored vehicles!
Can go it alone
Tough, but not unbreakable. There are times when your vehicle gets damaged, making it difficult to continue fighting. The only solution is to leave the tank to repair it outside. But until today, the whole crew would leave the vehicle at once - much to the pleasure of enemy snipers.
We’ve worked on improving such mechanics, and now pressing the keybind will let you exit the tank alone, while the rest of the AI crew will remain - waiting for their commander's return under the cover of thick armor.
Among the many Enlisted tankers, there are very few who manage to survive long enough to use their entire ammo supply. When these brave tankers ran out of ammo, they had to abandon their combat-ready vehicle! What a waste of a good tank..
We respect you, so instead of punishing you - we'll add resupply points to the map! Similar to the mid-air resupply points currently available for pilots. These resupplying stations will be placed around friendly respawn points. Leave the battlefield for a few minutes and come back fully armed!
Additional spawn locations for armored vehicles
This improvement has several purposes: to protect you from the annoying attention of enemy tank hunters who get too close to your respawn point, as well as diversify your combat experience by letting you choose from several respawn points.
So, we've added additional respawn points in many missions for all campaigns!
Invulnerability after respawning
Another improvement you asked for. Armored vehicles will have a brief invulnerability period after spawning in, both to give you time to navigate through the combat environment and to slow down the enemy's enthusiasm for snooping on your vehicles as soon as they spawn. The mechanism is similar to the invulnerability period granted to newly spawned soldiers.
Full list of improvements
- As well as leaving vehicles as a whole squad, it is now possible for the controlled soldier only to exit from a vehicle by a separate button (by default - repair button). You can change the button in the settings.
- Added resupply points in missions for armored vehicles in all game modes.
- Added indicator that displays time until next resupply for armored vehicle resupply points.
- Added short-term invulnerability of vehicles after spawn.
- Added additional vehicle spawn points in missions Monastery (Invasion), Quarry (Invasion), Vysokovo Village (Invasion), The Manor (Assault), D-Day (Invasion), Airfield (Invasion), Le Bre (Invasion), Ver-sur-Mer (Invasion), Königsplatz (Invasion), Moat (Invasion), The Kroll Opera House (Invasion), The Kroll Opera House (Assault), Fortress (Invasion), Gorge (Invasion) and Oasis (Invasion).
- Corrected the location of the battle area in the Omer (Invasion) mission.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong information about maximum speed in vehicle cards.
- Anti Tank and anti aircraft guns now fall to the ground when the surface on which they were mounted is destroyed. The other engineer buildings are destroyed in similar cases.
- One of the decorations for the top 25% in the Steel Fortress event has been updated to look more like the original version.
- Fixed a bug that caused one of the name decorations received for the top 50% in the Steel Fortress event to be changed.
- Fixed a bug that caused only one experience bonus to apply when using multiple experience bonuses.
We appreciate your feedback!
Our team regularly checks the most important forum topics for your feedback, and reports back to devteam when we notice issues with gameplay mechanics and ideas for improving the game. We watch our communities and other Enlisted sites so that one day you'll see your idea in the update notes or in this weekly series.
So share, suggest, and report!